Prospective grantees are encouraged to reach out to Ball Brothers Foundation staff prior to submitting an application. Discussing a potential project with a program officer before submission provides the opportunity for both parties to determine if it is a good fit. To schedule a time to talk to a staff person, call 765-741-5500 or email Donna Munchel.
The Foundation recommends reviewing the questions and guidelines for each grant type prior to beginning your application. More information can be found here:
The Foundation requires that all grant applications and award nominations be submitted using the Foundation’s e-Grant system. In the event that an agency or organization is unable to use e-Grant, please contact Donna Munchel, grant process manager.
e-Grant Registration Process
- Follow the Apply Now link found under the Grant Application tab on the Foundation website www.ballfdn.org
- Create an account for your organization by clicking the Create an Account link. This should be for the organization and not an individual. Anyone from the organization that applies for grants from BBF should use the same log in information. If you have previously created an account and cannot recall your log in information, please use the account information reminder link on the e-Grant site or contact Donna Munchel for assistance.
e-Grant Application Process
- Log in using the e-Grant Log In created during the registration process.
- Click one of the available grant types listed under Opportunities on the left-hand side of your screen. This will generate a blank application. Please note: if the deadline has passed for the type of grant you are requesting the system will not display that grant type under Opportunities.
- Fill in all required fields in the Overview Info section. Click the next tab button and answer the required narrative questions. Click the next tab button and attach the required documents. Be sure to save your work frequently during the process. Note: the system will time you out after 20 minutes of inactivity. Any information not saved will be lost. Please do not use bullets, numbering or special spacing. Doing so will prevent your data from displaying or printing correctly. Bullets can be emulated by using a dash or asterisk.
- When you are satisfied with your application click the Submit button. No changes can be made to your application after you click submit.
- You will be notified via the email address on file for the e-Grant account when your application has been received by the Foundation.
Other e-Grant Information
- Clicking the Home icon will take you to the Drafts section of e-Grant. Any applications or final reports in process but not submitted are displayed here.
- The History section of e-Grant will display any applications or final reports already submitted via e-Grant.
- The Instructions section will provide additional information regarding the e-Grant system (e.g. what the action keys do, etc.).